Wednesday, July 23, 2008

a gross lunch, a fantasy castle


A few things I forgot to say.

Anselmo had an unbelievably gross lunch in Astorga. It was "Revuelto de Morcilla". Okay, I think it was scrambled eggs with black Blood Sausage. It was a plate of black vomit. I couldn´t even look at it. I can´t believe he ate it. I told him to never order it again.

Other than that, Astorga was lovely. They had a Bishops Palace that was built by Gaudi. It was like a Disney Fantasy Palace with round towers and pointed Gothic arches and windows. All it needed was a Unicorn on the front lawn, which was planted with Lavender.

Inside were big rooms for entertaining. One of them was painted with contemporary style paintings of scenes from the life of Christ. But they were beautiful. The faces were gentle. The paintings were easy to look at, unlike much of the art here. The ceilings and walls of the rooms were decorated with blue-and-white tiles. It was just lovely.

No comments: